September 1, 2013

THREE HUGS

Must be my day.  Nothing like a hug.  My first one was from my precious #3 daughter when she dropped me off  after church.  She helped me bring flowers from church to arrange in smaller vases so I could give them to people I thought needed them.  She hugged me goodbye.  What would I do without her?  I hope I don't ask too much of her.  Second hug came when I went to visit a lady I met last week.  She lives across the hall from Irene.  I thought about how small and sweet she was.  When I took them in she was so excited and got up and gave me a wonderful hug.  She said the flowers called for a big hug.  I visited Irene and then Middie Crosby who was my next door neighbor on Riverwood.  Took her some flowers too.  We enjoyed our visit and I will go back often I know.  On the way back to my apartment I received my third hug.  I met a special friend, Marilyn, and opened my arms and she fell in for another big hug.  She said she really needed it. Somewhere there must be a poem in all this, but I think I will just keep that story for myself.  I can't believe the friends I have made.  MY CUP RUNNETH OVER. 

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hugs are definitly theraputic. Sitting here at my desk I see a big pile of sympathy cards from when Dad died, held together with a big clip. I always meant to look at them again, but I don't think I will. Miss him . oh, and you could never ask too much of me

Dot said...

You know, I have a big stack of cards like that too and I have never looked at them again either. I also have never looked at the register from the funeral at Church or Wright & Ferguson . and I do not want to . So I wont. You don't have to either. It would be too sad. Mom