November 9, 2013

THIS AND THAT

I was sitting in the "bubble" drinking coffee and watching the beauty before me.  I am waiting for Jan to pick me up and we will go to the Insurance man and tie up new insurance coverage,  Then we will go to Jackson to the Farmer's Market at the fair ground.  I Haven't been there in a while.  Should be fun.  Then we will have lunch someplace.  I have an annual physical next week and my doctor has moved to a new building.  Jan will drive by there and put me at ease on how to find my way there.  Sounds like a good day.  Oh yes, as usual my imagination gets out of hand and I was wondering about the ducks I just saw on the lake.  Six in a group and way over to the side two.  Did they know a new feeding spot and kept it a secret>  Were they banished from the group for some reason?  Were they on their honeymoon?  Oh how silly.  Then I saw the resident Egret in a cypress tree.  He is usually in one or the other of them that circle the lake.  They are turning a beautiful rust color and he really stands out.  I wondered, as I have many times, if he has a mate. Maybe it is a she? Maybe they take turns at the Lake?  And maybe my favorite--they have a nest in the tree and you just see one at a time.  What do you thin?  This is how I get ideas for poems and stories.  At the moment, a poem is brewing from a comment I heard about these monsters of beauty that we tie so artfully  around our necks.  Lot of possibilities there.  I will keep you tuned in.  Many times I get an idea and it just wont jell.  Well I must go. for now.

Betty Boop

No comments: