October 13, 2014

THIS THAT AND the OTHER

I KNOW ,  that is a cop-out for NOTHING MUCH GOING ON.  I wish it would rain and turn cooler.  I am afraid we will miss Fall altogether.  My favorite season of the year is Fall.  I am tired of these old and tired summer clothes.  I made veggie soup hoping I could bring on cool weather.  So you see, nothing much to tell.  I did enjoy Sunday lunch with the favorite crew.  Sophie, Paul. Ryan, M. G. and Amy.  A new (to me) Japanese place in Ridgeland.  I liked it, the way you ordered was different and fun.  The food was very good.  Would like to go another time. 

The Halls of St, Catherine are really decorated for Halloween.  It seems a very fun time for most people.  Of course mine looks the best.  It brings back 'fun times when my kids dressed up and roamed the neighborhood for CANDY!!!!  I loved to sneak some of it.  Not much dressing up here now but candy everywhere.  I have to be careful these days not to eat much but I can be selective and eat a favorite once in a while.  Kit Kat. I will now go do my laundry.  You really need to know that fact.


My new poem for the November issue of THE VILLAGER
 
TOM TURKEY"S FATE
 
Three fat turkeys
Sitting on a fence.
Their future a little bit murky.
One flew away-----his defense.
 
Number two shook with fear.
I must find a way out.
Think I'll go have a beer.
He flew away with a shout.
 
Now number three must be smart.
Thinking, It came to him with a start.
I'll just fly to Washington, D.C.
Maybe Obama will pardon me????
 
Dot Ellis,  (Betty Boop)
Creative Writers Group
November 2014
 
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love it! I love those turkey pardons. Wonder where the go to live?