October 1, 2016

SHARE A POEM (not mine)

You know I love poems.  I have even made a stab at writing a few.  A way to express my feelings.  Here are two, one I do not know the author and the second I do,  The second is an answer to the first.  Made clear or cloudy?  Anyway, enjoy.
 
We squander health in search of wealth,
We scheme and toil and save.
then squander wealth in search of health
and all we get is a grave.
We live and boast of what we own,
We die and only get a stone.
 
 
Answer
 
 
 
 
Life's about morning walks and lengthy talks.
Smelling flowers, enjoying showers.
For writing books, exploring nooks.
I'll squander not my health for wealth.
For when I die, I'll call your bluff,
I'll leave thoughts, instead of stuff.
 
I wish I could say I wrote the answer, but I did not, but I believe it says a lot to think about.
 
BETTY (dreaming) BOOP
 

 


No comments: