December 7, 2016

FUN MORNING

Jan and Amy picked me up at 10;00 this morning.  Off for an adventure.  First we went to the Old Capitol to see how it looks since it's renovation.  It was beautifully restored after Katrina damaged it.  So much Mississippi history.  It feels strange to look at those people who guided our future.  What would they think of  us now?  I wonder. We decided to just take a tour of downtown Jackson while we were there.  I get to see downtown so seldom and my how it is changing all the time.  The roundabouts on Capitol street were interesting.  The many new buildings and old ones too being turned into apartments and many new offices.  Yet it was still familiar to me.   Some things never change (in your mind.)  We had the most wonderful lunch (my daughters treated me) at Two Sisters.  Located downtown on an off street in an old,old house.  My My was it the best.  Never had such good fried chicken and many home cooked veggies.  The bread pudding with whiskey sauce was to die for.  It was worth dealing with a little sugar spike.  On we went in and out all the streets off Capitol and then out West Capitol and stopped at Cedar Lawn Cemetery where a few of my relative rest.  Along with my mother and dad.  We took a picture of the grave site of Sophia Elizabeth Williams Gorday.  Our Sophie is named for her.  Many Elizabeth's in our family.  Even me.  The west part of Jackson was once a beautiful area with many interesting and lovely homes.  Sad to see them now.  I had a wonderful time.  My two daughters gave me a lot to think about and to enjoy.  I really liked our unexpected adventure.

Betty Boop
 

No comments: