January 1, 2017

SOGGY SUNDAY

This weather is getting tiresome.  I have a beautiful pink sweater and It has been too hot to wear it.  Oh well the way I make friends with my clothes, I hate to give them up.  So I may have a long time to wear it.. 

Amy and I went to M. G. & Ryan's house after Church for lunch today.  The grand dogs were glad to see us.  Mary Grace is such a good cook.  She made corned beef.  So good with potatoes and carrots,  wonderful salad of escarole and dressing she made.  Also served with horseradish for the beef.  And to top it off we had a glass of champagne for good luck.  A little party for the New Year.  They always make me feel welcome and loved.  We all toasted each other with good wishes for 2017. 

Church was good.  We had communion.  The music was good.  I always feel at peace when I go and refresh my mind and let the problems of just everyday living fade.  I took the last of the decorations down and Amy let me borrow her blue delft stuff.  It looks so pretty in the hall entrance.  I am now drinking sugar-free hot chocolate and getting ready to finish the Sunday paper. 

I am sure you love people who feel they have to tell you all this stuff. but nothing else of interest is going on.  I think I saw my future kitty on video.  She is a calico named "Callie."  That fits.  Just  maybe I will get to see her soon.  Am I crazy?  Maybe

Betty Boop

No comments: