March 6, 2024

STILL AND SILENT

 
































Finally a good day to sit on Balcony with coffee. Not too cold and not too warm either, yet.  As I put on the old tattered robe, pinned at the hem with safety pins, still, I thought how peaceful it was. No, wind to make a motion, no birds singing, and not a sound to be heard. Little unusual, and quietly the fog rolled in, turning the  whole place to a closed in feeling. I sat still and took it in.  It did not last very long till the fog moved on out and hey I see the sun.  Coffee gone and I came inside to not break the spell.

J. brought me so much beautiful fruit.  I am enjoying it so much.  Saving the grapefruit till last, because they always seem to be special and exotic.  Imagine them hanging heavy on such small trees and limbs.  Oranges have been good.  I get them here at SCV most any time,  Apples too. But the strawberries are from Kroger and so good.  Get the picture.  Perks up old ordinary oatmeal.  Makes it extra ordinary.  Can't believe I did not want it as a child. Poor Mother, she even tried Cream-of-wheat on me.  Love it now.  Kids, you can't please them. Except with Blueberries.

BETTY (boy is she rambling) BOOP  














f

No comments: