July 15, 2009

SUMMER THOUGHTS

I try to remember if I have ever been through a hotter summer. My childhood days were good memories. We did not have airconditioning. I played outside. I remember the sidewalks(we had them everywhere) were so cool to sit on and play. I loved paper dolls. I also loved dolls and had many. The trees were many and gave good shade. Koolaid was new and sooo good. I even remember the first Jello. Now that was a treat. I go way back and I should not stay there because it makes me sad and at the same time I am glad for all the wonderful things we have now that we did not have then. Some of the old stuff was good to remember. You know something good about summer? Tomatos. Red, ripe, cut not too thick and put on white bread with plenty of mayo and salt and pepper. MMMM good. Would like a sandwich right now. We are fighting the birds from our few little plants.. Guess they like them too.

Sweetly Be
Betty Boop

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I LOVE fresh tomatoes! Tomatoes from the grocery store are a shame. Real fresh grown tomatoes are the best thing in the whole world, though! I eat them like apples in the summer!