September 7, 2009

GOOD SUNDAY

After reading Ashley and Sophie's blog--mine does not seem as exciting. I wore a bunch of HATS yesterday. First I made muffins for coffee at Church. Truman made the coffee for the break. I prepared and laid out Communion for church service. I cleaned up after. Did you know that the left over grape juice has been blessed and should not be poured down the drain? It is poured in the flower garden or on the ground someplace? Next we went to eat lunch out with Irene and Ruby. Home for nap and looked at golf and football, read the paper and had wine and a grilled cheese sandwich more reading and TV. Life is good. Early this morning I saw one of our resident racoons getting either an early breakfast or a late night snack. He was at the lake woods digging for something. Penny ignored him when I showed the coon to her. He looked like her cousin. So that is what I did. What more excitement will I have for this Labor Day.? We will see.

Betty Boop

P.S. I forgot we had coffee from our Betty Boop mugs. A present from Peggy J.

1 comment:

Sophie Wolf said...

Whenever my mom had to clean up after communion we always were able to drink as much of the consecrated juice as possible and loved to drink the little cups before getting to take the juice to pour out and the bread to be broken up for the birds!