August 7, 2011

WAKE UP CALL

Early Saturday morning (6:30) my door knocker loudly brought me running just out of bed. My sweet neighbor down the hall was there saying "I have breakfast ready, come eat with me". I said "dressed this way?" I had on my gown and robe and barefooted. "Yes, me too" I went and the smoke alarm was ringing in her apartment and she had burned the toast. Never mind the mantaince man there to see what was wrong, she padded down the hall to wake another sweet neignbor and brought her to have breakfast. There we sat looking like three Raggeded old dolls enjoying bacon, eggs, toast, muffins. strawberry jam and strawberries and blueberries and coffee as the sun came up. What a thrill and yet a little strange too. Bless her she really gave us a sweet memory. Time marches on and who knows what will happen next? She is 84 but wait a minute---so am I.

Betty Boop

No comments: