November 23, 2012

THANKSGIVING DAY

A very small group gathered at Ed and Amy's house for dinner.  I believe we had more dogs and cats than people.  But we had a wonderful meal and fellowship together and gave thanks for all the blessings we enjoy.  As Truman always said in hi====s prayers as we gathered as a family  "Lord we realize how much we have to be thankful for"  His exact words--I know because I have a few copies in his handwriting that he used over and over again. He was sometime silent about his faith but his actions said a lot.  I know I learned a lot about life from him--hope you did too.  I miss him so much.  But most of the time I handle it good.    Something nice happened.  Paul brought me a gift of "shelled pecans  They are beautiful and I will use them wisely and make them last a long time.  Thank you Paul.  I think you are a "keeper".  Soon you will be truly one of us.  Now on to "the wedding"  and then Christmas  Time marches on and waits for no one.

Betty Boop

No comments: