January 10, 2016

Stay Home

I decided I needed to stay home today.  Had lunch in dinning room and then a nap.  Boring ?  Yes to me too.  I need to find out the cause of my feeling so bad.  Wednesday to Dr.  Maybe then.  Meanwhile lets read my latest poem.  It does not hurt to write.  Maybe it helps.  Here goes for what it is worth, it has been accepted for the next VILLAGER.
 
 
BLUEBERRY
 
I have a beautiful Beta fish.
He is blue as blue can be.
An answer to a Birthday wish.
The perfect pet for me.
 
How silently he swims around.
As graceful as can be.
He makes not a sound.
This really does suit me.
 
Each morning he looks to me,
To feed and take care of him.
His job is just to BE,
And of course to swim
 
My ideas to write are running low.
When I must write about my fish.
It's hard sometime you know,
As I sit in the Bubble and wish.
Dot Ellis
Creative Writers Group
January 2015
 
 
Whitney, let Andrew read it and ask him to write one for me.  He has more talent  than I do.   Betty Boop
 
 
 

2 comments:

wvrhodes said...

Mamaw- I tried to send you one of his poems recently, but his handwriting was so bad I couldn't tell exactly what he wrote! It was beautiful when he read it to me. I will have to get him to read it to me again.

Dot said...

Whitney, I was glad to hear he is still writing. It is just something so different from what he does everyday and can be a life time treasure. Encourage him. It is a gift. MaMaw