June 23, 2013

EXCUSE ME AGAIN

Well I am preaching again.  Not really, but have been thinking about the beach a lot.  I seem to be looking forward to it more than since Truman died.  You know how he loved to get the family together.  How he could sleep in the recliner there and just tune out the noise and sleep?  It was a good escape for him too.  How he loved it.  To me the surf and sand are O. K. , but it is the clouds that fascinate me.  Even here every day I look and watch them.  I can not say this to anyone but you, but I feel Truman up there.  I know he is in the presence of God and I am unable to comprehend that but I accept it.  Not everyone gets to see the ocean and sand like we do, but anyone can look up and see the sky and clouds.  As Ralph Waldo Emerson said and I quote "The sky is the daily bread of eyes."  Isn't that good?  Somehow looking up makes me feel secure, I can sense the order of the world and God's hand in it all.  On days when there are no clouds--I guess God has sent Truman on another mission or two and I wont see him peeking through a cloud at me as I like to believe sometime.   O.K.-- end of sermon.  Now I will get ready to go to real Church.

Betty Boop

No comments: