June 22, 2013

SATURDAY

Breakfast with friend Darlene.  We enjoy that we are among the few who like to get up early and come down for breakfast.  Plus when the blood-sugar allows I get to have blueberry pancakes.  Doesn't take a lot to make me happy and start the day off right.  Can't wait till this next Saturday.  Off we go to the beach.  It is so wonderful that we have this fun tradition for so long.  I think it is the 27th year.  Am I right?  My how we have changed and gotten bigger.  Two little girls under two to delight us this year. I really do want some boiled shrimp with potatoes and corn.  Nothing better.  There is no other feeling like the sound of the surf and the warm sand.  When I want to feel calm--I bring up that scene.  Jan is coming and we are going to the Dollar Tree for a few surprises.  We will have lunch in the Cyber too .

While there is nothing so good as to remember good times, I am reminded of something I read just this morning.  "I will try to be fully present to this day--this day is precious in itself and different from any other day I have had or will have."  Now while that is so true, I believe memories are important as is looking to the future.  It takes it all.  So be it.

Betty (can't wait) Boop

No comments: