June 25, 2013

MAKING A LIST---CHECKING IT TWICE (maybe three)

Yes I live by a list, lest I forget.  But who is responsible for making the list?  Still not foolproof.  I have learned that if I have my pills and eye drops, I am good to go.  So they top the list.  A big group of residents left on a beautiful tour bus this morning.  Their destination--Texas.  They will tour the new Bush Library among many other places.  I had no desire to go.  My real traveling days are over.  I am satisfied that Truman and I saw most every place in the world that we desired.  O yes, their are many places we did not  go to but for the most part we saw the best.  I am not up to the pace of group travel and really I never did like that anyway.  Irene and Cecil were our perfect travel companions.  I will always treasure the memories of traveling the U. S. in our motor homes.  We visited every state except Hawaii together.  Later Truman and I did go there on tour.  Truman was always proud that a poor little farm boy like he was could travel the world over.  He had the desire to travel, he always said from being in the Navy and never having been out of Mississippi, he saw so much ,  Most of  it with me.  How great is that?  So here I go again to the Beach with the people I love best!!  SO HERE WE GO--GET READY.

Betty  ( getting ready) Boop

No comments: