October 8, 2014

BLESSED OR WHAT??

My, My, you can't go down these hallowed halls and keep anything to yourself.  Yesterday I was walking barefoot to the shower (of course), and wavered a little to the right and stumped my little toe on the baseboard.  Oh yeah it hurt.  Soon showed singes of an bad bruise.  I gritted my teeth and forged on.  I needed to go pick up new "diabetic shoes,(that is another story)  Amy and I went and the hurt subsided.  After coming home, I felt tired and upset.  We had just enjoyed lunch with Sophie and Paul at a new (to me) restaurant in old Dulling School building in Fondren called SALTINE's I think.  They feature oysters.  So good.  Anyway this morning that little toe did not feel like exercise class, so I gave in and stayed in.  But sooner or later you must get out.  I could not wear my regular shoe so I wore flip flops out to pick up lunch and got noticed.  Had to explain.  Went to Writing class this afternoon in flip flops and on a good day I walk funny in them.  People kept asking what was wrong.  Why was I hopping  or worse limping  Some offered solutions  to my toe accident and some offered stories of doing the same.  I declare one lady was about to take me to the nurse.  A little put out and flustered but then I thought where else but here can you find such concern when you have a problem--not matter what it is? Even a stumped toe!!!

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nice to have people concerned but it is a bit of a small town village. Everybody knows your business1