October 26, 2013

SWEET MORY

I decided I wanted some home cooked food.  I am cooking black eyed peas, boiled okra, turnip greens and a little skillet of cornbread.(my style).  I thought of how my sweet mama, when she cooked cornbread would always slice a sliver and eat it hot with butter.  She would give me a bite when I caught her.  I just pulled a small skillet of hot wonderful smelling cornbread out of my oven and in her memory, cut a small sliver , buttered it  and ate it hot.  Oh it was good. 

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad you are back writing. A favorite kitchen memory of Mamaw was how she would make breakfast for me and we would sit at that clever little foldout table Grandaddy built for her. She would make "bites" for me . That was a forkful of each food on it, egg,sausage and toast or whatever she had made. It made it all taste so good.