June 25, 2014

THIS--THAT--and the OTHER

There was a little country restaurant in Morton that we ate at several times.  It was near Roosevelt State Park where we camped many times.  It was so good.  Just plain old country cooking.  So I did this that and the other today, not the restaurant but so many little things that you would not like to hear most of it.  One thing was a birthday party in Siena for residents who had a birthday in June.  Irene was one of them, so I was invited.  It was so nice.  They also talked about weddings, so many are in June.  Irene got to tell about her wedding and I was so proud of her.  I had to hurry away because  they were having a reception for the new Bishop of the Catholic church in Jackson.  Our Choir sang and I had to be a part of that, don't you know.  We did good.  Morning was full of this, that and the other and now I an caught up and ready to rest. I have given all but two of my peaches and people are raving over them.  I think I will have to save the remaining two for ME.  Is that selfish?  Yes but I like them too.  I could have shared more but that is all she wrote. 

I did not win the duck poem contest.  I am glad.  I get too much attention in that department anyway.  I did win a little rubber duck for entering.  O well.  I am tired of ducks now.

I think I will have black bean soup and a fruit plate for supper.  Sound good?  I think so.

Betty Boop

No comments: