June 29, 2014

SATURDAY Already??

This week went by fast.  Can't say much about it that was very exciting, but it went by smooth. 

I had a good day to finish the week,  My middle daughter and I after helping me through a few little pending things, went to lunch at TRACE GRILL.  We declared we needed a bunch of veggies cooked Southern style.  That is the place to go.  With our plates loaded with fried okra, cabbage, slaw, blackeyed peas, turnip greens and mack & cheese (for Jan). cornbread and iced tea (unsweet).  We dug in and I could not eat it all.  I will have to tell you that Jan did clean her plate.  I think it is a good place to go for real food.  We had a very good visit and I enjoyed it so much.  Seems like I do better one on one these days.  Crowds intimidate me and I close in. 

I am still getting feedback from my peaches gifts.  I wish I had brought two basket home instead of just one.  The season is so short.  Next we went to Freshway market on Old Canton road.  Bought okra, yellow squash, and tomatoes.  My that place was busy.  Then we went to Goodwill where I dropped of a bag of stuff.  I am glad to get rid of it.  I kept creeping back and digging out old friends and wearing them one more time.  We went into the shopping part,  I have never done that before.  I was shopping for a new hat to wear in the up coming play.  They said there that hats go fast and did not have much of a selection for what I needed.  Now they had the baseball hats coming out the door.  So if you need one--place to go.  Also T shirts. 

All in all it was a good day.  I finished it off with a lovely fresh tomato and turkey bacon on whole wheat bread sandwich and what else a Chilton County Alabama peach.-------Life is good.

Betty Boop

No comments: