June 25, 2015

HI HO, HI HO, HI HO!!!!!

Silly me again.  I just got back from CVS and Kroger.  Hot, hot, hot.  Enough to make you silly.  Rain last night helped but I still must get the sand off my car.  Patty Peck still sends me free car washes--you would think I would always have a clean car.  And it is just down the road a short distance from me.  Go figure. 

Jan brought me yellow squash. okra. Lady peas, tomatoes from the old Farmers Market on Woodrow Wilson.  Yes they still have two vendors.OOOps----  What is that smell?  I ran to see and yes I scorched the peas and okra.  It is usually the squash.  Oh well, I will enjoy the squash and tomato.  I thought I had enough water to just warm the peas and okra, but when I sit down to my friend the computer, I lose track of time I guess.  I will have to buy some more lady peas because they are in season and so good. 

Truman used to stop at the Farmers Market on his way from the Y and buy tomatoes  every week and sometime a little bag of boiled peanuts, which he loved(me too.) Oh I know something to finish out my meal,  I just bought a sweet potato.  Microwave it!!

Betty Boop

No comments: