December 29, 2015

NOT TIP TOP YET

Not tip top yet, but getting there.  There is progress and the blood pressure is coming down with additional meds. 
Christmas was very good.  Being able to see and touch so many of my family was wonderful.  Every year is different as time marches on but many things never change,  The love and respect I see between each member of my family is unchanged and wonderful.  I wish I could have felt better physically but that is  something that changes.  I thought of a poem I wrote in 2014 called TIP OF TOP.  I wrote it after a bout with a cold that took me down for a while.  It kind of fits this year,

TIP OF TOP
 
Ever been in Tip Top Shape?
The worlds' oyster to take?
I question just what that means.
I ponder with mind so keen.
 
Does it mean on top of the tip?
Careful not to slip?
Uncomfortable looking down,
At people on the ground.
 
All alone, looking down,
Quiet - not a sound.
Careful, your bubble may pop.
Very lonesome - on the top.
 
After thinking this whole thing through,
This is what I think I'll do.
Skip along, and don't stop,
Stay in the middle - not on Tip Top.
 
Dot Ellis\Creative  Writers Group
January, 2014
 
Betty Boop  2015
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: