December 12, 2015

WHAT'S THE HURRY?

There is excitement in the air.  It picks up your mind and spirit, not to mention your step.  Why hurry?  Just try to slow up and enjoy.  I heard a lady the other day say she wished she could go to sleep and wake up to it being over.  She was talking about Christmas and smarty me said "Oh I thought you were talking about leaving this earth."  No, I just made that up.  I only thought my comment.  Christmas can be a worry.  I remember as a child going to my Grandparents house in the country of Durant, Ms. at Christmas and being worried that Santa would not find me.  He did find me and brought one of my prized gifts.  A Mickey Mouse watch.  Other memories are in my little book I wrote for you grandchildren.  It was a Christmas gift.  Do you still have it?  I remember other outstanding Christmas's.  Jan getting her "Ruthie" doll all dressed in flannel nightgown and Linda getting a surprise gift of a Mouse game.  And Amy getting white Go-Go boots.  Those little expected and unexpected gifts make memories.  There I go again down memory lane--forgive me.  I just can't help it sometime.

Many wonderful things are happening NOW.  That is the only place we should really live.  I have heard so many wonderful programs of music this year.  I do love music at Christmas.  I have a varied collection of CD"s.  The Oldies are great but some new is good too.        Hey I just heard Jan is coming for lunch and help with a few things.  She is bringing Tommy--a plus!!

Betty Boop

No comments: