June 25, 2016

BIRD WATCHING






Jan came to pick up odds and ends --just a little business.  We went to  FRESHWAY MARKET.  The old one I used to go to on Old Canton.  Still there and bigger and better.  I bought Chilton County peaches and Jan bought a cantaloupe as big as a watermelon.  She shared it with me and I shared my peaches.  I also bought two Mississippi grown tomatoes, two ears of corn, green beans and two baby yellow squash.  I will have  feast tonight.  While she was here we started watching birds that were gathering on my balcony.  Three lined up in one spot and down the rail another two or three took their place.  They fussed and carried on till one flew in like a bomber and dropped a morsel (bug I guess) in their open mouths.  Don't know what kind of bird, something I did not know.  It was interesting how they all had their on space and were waiting impatiently for their turn. 

Betty Boop









No comments: