June 21, 2016

STRAWBERRY MOON

While watching the 10;00 P.M. news. the weather man said go look at the strawberry moon.  He said it was not red or pink, just a full moon.  Why strawberry?  He said it was celebrated this year because it was a full moon on the start of summer (solstice)  Last time it came at the same time of a full moon was 70 years ago.  I of course looked it up on my friend Mr. Google.  Too much to take in.  I will take the weather mans view that it comes during strawberry season.  By the way it did not look red or pink--just a beautiful full moon.  From my balcony I have a full view and standing there in the warmth of the night and looking at the moon, I felt all was well.  I slept good last night with just my bare feet, since I do not have to wear the "boot" anymore.  Now that is progress>  Time does march on.  Hope I can keep up with it.

Betty Boop

No comments: