June 9, 2016

TRILLIUM

This morning I read a piece where Trillium was mentioned.  My mind raced back to Riverwood.  I don't go there as often as I used to, but I remember how much I loved the "natural" back yard by the Lake.  I looked for Trillium every Spring(a lovely and simple pop-up wild flower). as well as other wild ones,  violets, Johnny Jump Ups. and some wild ones I could not identify .  Being a city girl, I pegged this yard as my woods.  I loved it.  Truman built seats from cross-ties and a serving table around a big tree. (three) sets of steps down  to the lake., where the large pier with seats gave another view of the Lake. . He got good at that.  I remember the Coves and steps to the water for the boat and one to just watch from the shallow water the many water creatures.  Oh it was a beautiful sight.  I am glad for those memories.  We loved the Lake.  I am so happy to still live where I can see the St. Catherine's Lake each morning.  Though I don't walk the woods. I still remember now peaceful it was, even in the City.  We had many events around the Lake.  Celebrations and parties and just the two of us sitting and looking at the water and talking. 

Time does not stand still.  I guess that is a good thing.  God still has plans for me and I struggle to know them sometime--but I have faith that it is true.  ----- Stop preaching, Dot and get on with the day. Sorry

Betty Boop

No comments: