June 18, 2016

BLUEBERRIES FOR LITTLE DOT

You do know the book BLUEBERRIES FOR LITTLE SAL?  One of my favorite children's books.  My blood sugar was on the low side this morning--perfect time for a pancake.  They are among my weaknesses .  I have Mississippi blueberries in my freezer, so I took some down to the Cyber Café this morning and had (a) pancake with my blueberries.  Along side of a scrambled egg and bacon and coffee and I had a small feast.  Hope it does not do too much damage. 

Since tomorrow is Father's Day, I thought of my Daddy.  He was a hard working man and very reserved and I think shy.  In my early days, most fathers were somewhat that way.  Today they are encouraged to be a big part of their children's lives.  Not to say that their are exceptions.  I remember my Daddy reading the Sunday comics to me.  It was special.  I just submitted an essay to the VILLAGER about comics, or the "funnies" as we called them.  I wont bore you with it, but I enjoyed remembering the fun of the comics.  I still read them every day.  ------- Well a good start to the day.  Guess I will stay in out of the high heat today.

Betty Boop (one of the comics from the 1930's)

No comments: