October 29, 2019

GOOD BREAKFAST

Do you like breakfast?  I do.  My favorite meal of the day.  I had oatmeal with cinnamon & banana.  Whole wheat toast with apple jelly, cranberry juice coffee and a few pills to get me going.  Little too nippy on the Balcony.   Must be getting to be a wimp. Maybe if the sun was out?  Oh, Oh, it is out now.  But I am settled with my second cup and visiting my readers.  I am  surprised when someone tells me they read my blog.  Flattered in fact!  Maybe it is so ordinary and not challenging to anyone.  My stuff seems so simple and the world is not.  I talked to a resident who also new Jackson when I grew up here.  Change has kept her from going back to look.  So much is different-then I guess it is everywhere.  I am not sure all I remember is true.  Just a trick of mind to remember the best part.  But I do think we as children had a better world then. 

SO BE IT
Betty Boop

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My memories are much like yours. I attended Duling School in the forties. Although I have not lived in Fondren in many years, it makes me happy to see all the great things happening there. We eat dinner in the area frequently. Many happy memories growing up in Jackson. Ivey

Dot said...

Yes, I remember Fondren in those early days too. It has come a long way-in a good way. Remember the first shopping center? Jitney Jungle and Brent's Drugs? Our first apartment after our marriage in 1946, was on Northview Drive. Apartments were scarce after the war. But we did not notice the old house turned into apartments as being anything but a palace. We had no car and rode the bus home from work downtown. My that big old hill up Mayes street was long. We were young and happy, and did not mind at all. Thanks for the memories.

Betty Boop

Anonymous said...

When I was in Duling school my family lived in the big two story Fondren family home that was next to the Pix (Capri) theater on North State street. It was at that time divided into four apartments. Part of the Fondren family lived across the hall from us. I was told that house was moved around the corner but don't know that for sure. My parents were young and happy to be living in the "big city". They both grew up in a small south Mississippi town. Ivey