October 13, 2019

SUNDAY MORNING

Chilly out there!!  But I braved it.  I heated my hand on my coffee cup and then held it to my poor old neck.  I have never had a crick to last so long.  I have tried all the home remedies I know.  Nothing seems to help.  So be it.  So cool and cloudy and the change is great.  Jan came yesterday.  She helped me go through the old cedar chest and fish out old friends.  I can still use a lot of them  Speaking of the cedar chest, it is one of several made from a big cedar tree that stood in the yard of the old homestead out from Carthage.  I don't know who made them, but I think  Truman's Papa had them made.  Several of the children got one. Truman included.  I love that it is handmade from that old tree.  Of course I messed up and changed it's finish.  But it is still the same inside. 

We had a delightful lunch at Schlotzsky's.  I had not been anywhere in over a week and just thought I needed to get out.  Everything is good and nice here, but after a while the need for a change is great.    So let us go to Church--always good.

Betty Boop

No comments: