July 7, 2013

MATRIARCH????

My beautiful new dictionary defines Matriarch as a mother who rules her family. Another definition--A highly respected elderly woman.  Don't like either.  But I do feel respected, and loved.  Do you know many other families who could pull off this Beach Week deal?  O yes, I know there are many times when we all have to hide our feelings and make the best of it.  For that I am proud of you all, because the good outweighs the not so good.  Soon you forget and only remember the best, which  is :time well spent together.  Getting to know each other better.  For the children we are building memories that they will always have.  Each year is different.  New faces added to the mix, children changing, and some not there any more make it different.  At the end of the week, as we part and go to our own homes, I see love and respect for each other in your faces and a thankful heart for the experience.  Again I AM PROUD OF YOU ALL, and let us look forward to next year--God willing.,   Now who will wash all these dirty clothes?  THE MATRIARCH . of course.  Somehow that does not sound right.  Maybe the OLD GIRL? 

Betty Boop

No comments: