July 20, 2013

PANCAKE DAY!!!

And they were good and so was the company.  Shampoo and then did laundry.  Jan came and we had a turkey burger at the Cyber.  I love her visits.  She is my friend as well as a great daughter.  I wrote a poem today.  Wont to read it?

DUCKS VERSUS GEESE
 
 
Said the Mallard to the Canada geese,
"What are you doing back here?
We longed for quiet and peace,
:Lost it again I fear."
 
"Please, said the geese, let us stay"
They promised they had changed
"No  No" said the duck.  Go away,
Or a scare  of the White Truck will be arranged"
 
Off they sailed, low in the sky.
Honking their protest as they flew.
The Mallard looked up and honked "Good Bye,
And I hope I have seen the last of you!!"
 
Dot Ellis  2013
 
The White Truck is the Security Guard.  He also chases geese. 
.
 


No comments: