April 19, 2014

GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE.

We  had a very moving service.  It is called Tenebrae--a Latin word for "shadows" or "darkness.  It marks the journey to Golgotha,  I think it was 12 people who read the scripture of a dramatic narrative account in the Bible of the betrayal. arrest and crucifixion   It was done so well  The room was darkened somewhat.  Each person who read put out a candle at the end and Rob put out the last as a LOUD cymbal rang out to single the end.  Chuck sang WERE YOU THERE WHEN THEY CRUCIFIED MY LORD" to close.  It was moving to say the least.  I am glad I was there. 

Now we celebrate. on Easter morning.  We will have a big crowd at Jan's house with everyone bring good food and we will enjoy each other's company.  I wish everyone could be there but there is still Gulf Shores for that. 

Betty Boop
P.S.  Sophie and Amy were both a scripture reader.  They did GREAT!!I am proud of them and I know someone who would be super proud.  Hope he was watching.---------

No comments: