April 14, 2014

MOTHER DUCK

Everyone is so excited.!!  Mother duck has made her nest.  Not the best choice of places.  Next to the Chapel (which has no overhang)  and by the Rose garden for all of us to watch.  People say she is not shy and will allow you to see her nest that has twelve (12) eggs.  We had a storm last night and over two inches of rain.  She and the nest got soaked.  Someone said after all they are ducks.  Funny?  No they are still babies.  Maybe the rain will be gone when they hatch.  I promised someone I would look it up as to how long we must wait for hatching.  The book  MAKE WAY FOR DUCKLINGS came to mind.  I loved those books.  They are Mallards and should be pretty  marching all the way around the building to the Lake   We could be on the map if we could train them to march to the fountain in the Rose Garden. ( Sophie's suggestion.) Put us on the map!! Data for a poem.  How silly.  I know people are tired of my silly poems.  But they keep cropping up. 

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not silly at all! I enjoy reading
about your world.

Amy said...

Keep 'em coming!