April 22, 2014

MONDAY'S CAN BE GOOD.

Beautiful day.  I think spring is here and summer right behind it. Isn't that the way it goes.  I am planning on planting a cherry tomato plant on the balcony.  I am also planning to not get too many flowers going.  They are a lot of work.  But when you go to this nursery that Amy and I go to====there are so many ones that I loose my head and get too much.  I just love flowers.  I did not know it at the time but I guess I got my love of them from my Mama.  She could grow such pretty ones.  Daddy always laughed and said the weeds ducked their heads and would hide when they saw her coming.  Of course he always had a garden anywhere we lived as long as he was able.  He grew all kinds of veggies and she would can them and always had "provisions.  Truman did that too on Meadowridge  and we would can lots of beans tomatoes and peas.  Days before freezing was popular.  We would  have so much fun doing this together, He always said work is work and fun is fun  but we put it together those times. 

Amy and M. G. ate lunch with me.  Love those girls.  We looked at the mother duck and her dozen eggs.  She is like old Horton the Elephant.  She is faithful 100%.  Of course she is---she is a mother!!

Betty Boop

No comments: