November 20, 2014

NOT A DULL DAY

Be careful what you ask for.  My day was not dull .  Started off good with a lovely coffee for ladies.  Then we heard the speaker got sick over night.  I really wanted to hear story teller Diane Williams.  But could not be helped.  Coffee, juice, muffins, strawberries and pineapple was very good.  I had to help my committee, MAKE GOOD THINGS BETTER, finish up the Christmas decorating.  All was going well when I was told to go with two men to decorate Marion Hall entrance.  Let us go in my golf cart, said one.  O. K. sounds like fun.  He was a speedy driver and away we went.  He decided to take a short cut and go through a small ditch.  Bad idea, since we did not know it rain water logged!!!!  Yes we got stuck right in the middle.  We had to climb out into slush.  I sank up over the bottom of my jeans.  I got stuck and they pulled me out.  I was glad I had on old shoes because they are gone.  We trudged up the hill to do the lights while two trucks came to pull the cart loose.  We found the electricity would not come on.  Called maintenance for help.  Meanwhile a portion of the ceiling in the Cyber fell through due to a leak in a hot water pipe.  Only one person was in the Cyber so that was good.  Now the Cyber is closed for repairs.  All maintenance people were busy.  We waited 15 minutes and no help.  I told them my feet were cold and wet and I needed to go home.  They said--GO--and I did.  It was still early  and I just did not  go back. There was still work to do on the Courtyard but I just did not want to go back.  I washed my feet and changed my jeans and socks.  Shoes are a  loss but they are old anyway.  Not a dull day?  I just ate  Bourbon pecan pudding----thought I deserved it.  Hope the sugar wont go up.  That would be anything but dull too.

Better Tomorrow
Betty Boop 

1 comment:

Amy said...

good grief Mom! you live life to the fullest.