November 6, 2014

WHAT NEXT?

When something as big as the wedding happens, and it is  done, you wish  you could do it all over again.  Well really you do in your mind and believe me I have been over it more than once.  Of course My part was mostly to observe and encourage, but even that was a big job.  As I sat on the porch of The Cedars, I observed everything from music, to eating good food, the beautiful tables, banners, laughter, the day turn to night and the lights showing up, to  cutting cake, drinking toast, sparklers, and most of all, throwing the brides flowers.  And you know my best thought?  "Half of these people are my descendants !!!  It was so good to have all but Brody (too small)  However he would have loved the music and I can see him with his cousins dancing.  Now down to earth and everyday living, which can be a good thing too.

I have written a story for the December  VILLAGER.  It is about  the little bear ornament with one arm missing.  Now I must come up with a poem.  This idea of a little short fat round man in a red suit comes to mind.  As he rolls down the street before me I must think of some lines to go with him.  Do I make it funny, sweet or profound?  We will see.  Maybe some of all??

Betty Boop

No comments: