November 28, 2014

STRANGE THANKSGIVING

That dinner I had yesterday was not the real thing, Even though it was turkey and dressing and all the trimmings.  The real thing is today a day after Thanksgiving. Day.  With a bunch of family and at Paul and Sophie's house.  Now that is more like it.  I enjoyed having lunch with friends here yesterday. so it was a win - win. 

The day has dawned and is beautiful but cold.  My St. Catherine's pecan pie is going in the over to warm and since I did make the cornbread for the dressing, I guess I will have to be satisfied with my contribution.  Nothing like it used to be, but time does march on and things change.  In this case for the better.  I am so proud of my granddaughters .  They just took over like pros.  Well they were smart enough to observe.  Sophie, M. G. and Cary are the pros now.  I am sure If Whitney and Lindsay were close, they would shine too.  Gosh!! talk about giving thanks, I do--big time.  Well off to get ready for another big feast.  I hope I will take only small portions---of everything.

Betty Boop

No comments: