December 5, 2014

MUST HAVE BEEN CRAZY

You know I am a sucker for punishment. What made me think I could pull off these crazy little elves made from pinecones  for as many friends that I have.  Well some will have to be pretty good friend to get one.  I guess my eyes and my fingers are not what they used to be because I am struggling.  They  are cute but not that cute. All these little wooden heads waiting for a body. their eyes following me around.  Kind of creepy.  They are about half done.  I will make it bet never again.  If I  did not have other things to do. I am a Trustee on the Christmas Fund Committee.  I signed 300 checks today and helped stuff them in envelopes. My arm and fingers are beginning to hurt.  I had a poem due this week and I came up with it today also.  The  January theme is Be Upbeat.  Here is what I wrote.




                                                                            BE UPBEAT


There are many paths  to take,
Each day of our lives.
Some make-----Some break.
Hope you choose wise.

I think to be "upbeat" is the best.
Be positive each and every day.
Eliminate all the rest.
Everything will be O. K.

I know I sound like Pollyanna.
But try it for a while.
Make happiness your banner,
And give the world a smile.

O. K. for an hour's work?  I know my poems are not as good as they used to be when I wrote so many for my family.  Maybe I had a better subject then.  Next week is just as full and if I don't get a haircut sometime soon, I will need a collar. 

But I am glad to have work to do--and strength to do it.  Thank you Lord.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

My friends accuse me of being a nutty optimist as well.