December 3, 2014

PINE CONE ELVES

Visions of little pine cone men with sassy smiles and little cone hats and I don't know yet what else. danced through my dreams last night.  I almost got up to work on them.  They come to life right in my hands and seem to mock me and tease me.  I almost give them names.  I have made them before for my Christmas lunch I used to host at CCC. for my church circle.  Every year I made favors which were part of decorations for the luncheon.  It has been years since I made these little devils.  They haunt me till I am done.  I think I will make 35 plus this year for my new friends here at SCV.  Amy took me to buy supplies and it was a mad house at MICHAEL'S  I could not have done it without her.  She knows  so much more than I do about supplies.

Our theme for the Villager for January is UPBEAT.  No New Year resolutions.  They don't work.  We agreed what we need here it to be upbeat and positive.  How do I write a poem about this subject?  I am expected to  write a poem/  O boy. What a curse and what an honor .  Make sense?  I will "get it all done"  and I will enjoy it. 

Betty Boop

No comments: