January 22, 2015

BIG DAY

It seem only yesterday when I could cover the Mall in no time and not be tired.  Guess the years are catching up with me.  Amy took me to the Foot Dr. to have my toenails clipped (another new thing) and we went to the Mall for me to buy makeup.  Ended up shopping for a new purse too.  Belk and Dillards seem so much bigger. By the time we were ready to leave I could hardly make it to the car.  I was wiped out and sat in my "blue" chair at home  for a long time just not even moving.  Well I did revive enough to go pick up supper but I went to bed before the news and weather last night.  I guess I am going to have to just  do one extra thing at a time. 

O. K. this morning and had ham and eggs at breakfast with friends.  A lady , new to our group, did nothing but complain.  I really got tired of that.  Poor thing, she needs to look on the sunny side a bit.  We are having a SOCK HOP. tonight. with a real Juke Box.  I am going for the music and see who dances.  I know some who will enjoy the dancing.  Not me.  I never did dance much as a teen.  My Mother did not believe in it.  Well she said it was the places you had to go to dance that  she did not want me to go to. We had dances with the school but I was one of the" not so popular crowd".  I did love the music and still remember all the words to the songs from the 40's and 50's.  Great music especially during WW11.  But I never went to the dances.  Oh well I did enjoy waltzing with my true love to the Tennessee Waltz in our kitchen!!!!    Remembering again.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

That high school popularity seems like quite the joke as we get older. Old age is the great equivocator .