January 26, 2015

KEEP ON LEARNING

BEACH VERSES by George Thatcher was given to me for my birthday by Jan .  She gave me my first one too.  This one is written in the verses called HAIKU.  A Japanese method of writing poems.  Been around for a long time but I was not aware of it.  I learned a lot on Google and now I want to write some that style.  Three lines-do not rhyme.  first line 5 syllables, second line-7 syllables, third line
5 again.  That is all.  Some do put less syllables-that is acceptable.  The real Japanese one are beautiful..  I think I will try and see if I can write a few.  You know I have been tied to everything rhyming .  I thought this would be easy but not as easy as I thought.  But fun.  I must go check on my laundry in the dryer.  Is there a poem there?

Betty Boop

No comments: