January 24, 2015

OLD SAYING............

Here is one among the many that I wish I had said.  I first heard it from a minister we had long time ago.  Bill Whaley used it a lot. 
"As a rule, man's a fool, when it's hot he wants it cool:  When it's cool, he wants it hot., Always wanting what is not."  True, true, true.

Went to breakfast this morning with friends.  Omelet with tomato is so good.  Nobody had much to say.  Certainly no wisdom.  You know when you reach your 80's, people assume you have picked up a lot of wisdom.  Not so.  Yes we have lived a lot but most of the time, we have not really learned a lot.  I am learning something new most every day.  Maybe not "pearls of wisdom."  But little tidbits along the way that sometimes mean a lot to me.  A couple were having breakfast and leaving on a cruise this morning.  When I heard it was for bridge players, I just could not believe it.  Two couples from here were going.  One of the wives was said to be going for the ride--not bridge.  Can you imagine?  The only one we ever went on was to Alaska.  And we went for  the scenery --not the food.  It was one of the most beautiful trips we had.  Food was not bad either.  Well you were there and had to eat.  Even the Midnight buffet. 

Betty (dreaming again) Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mary Grace has a picture of Dad from that cruise on her fridge.