January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!! 2015

I just finished my traditional New Year's meal.  I am not superstitious, but I do love the black eye pea and cabbage story.  Black eye peas for luck and cabbage for money.  Another reason to eat them.  I would normally soak overnight and cook slow the peas but did you know the canned ones are just as great.  I did not have cabbage so turnip greens had to do.  Did you know canned turnip greens are a good sub for fresh or frozen?  So with a small slice of ham and my cooked in my small iron skillet corn bread --I had a feast.  I watched some of the Rose Day parade while a ate.  One thing missing--and he would not care much for  the parade but the meal was a favorite for Truman too.  Can't believe I am still hanging around here without him.  But I am sure it is part of the plan and I am glad to be here. 

Cold and rainy today and more rain is expected for the next two days.  I will find things to do  inside.  Glad that I can. 

Betty Boop

No comments: