August 8, 2017

ODD"s & END"s

Some days are like this.  Breakfast alone.  Real good.  Many do get up early and it is nice to start the day with comments.  "Good morning".  "How are you?" "O. K. the last time I looked."  "Rain again?"  "Write a poem and call it --Is any body building an Ark?"  "Have a good day."  All said this morning.  That is all the conversation I needed.  With all the rain, you do wonder.  Flooding everywhere.  No end in sight.  On another note., I went to a program last night.  It is called Getting to know you" , where different people here tell about themselves before they moved here.  Last night it was Father Frank Cosgrove.  He is a delightful retired Catholic priest.  From Ireland a few years ago.  He has lived here since the early 60's.  Has held many positions and a real interesting life.  He is so friendly and such a "people" person.  Very funny and likeable.  He is also my neighbor around the corner.      Jan and Tommy will be back today.  Pray for safe trip.  I worry about the airlines these days. Bryan will be arrive today to take up his new session as teacher at MSU for two semesters.  Wish him luck too.  Something struck me this morning as I put my laundry at the door.  It is like magic.  Put soiled linens out and a short time later, find nice fresh towels and sheets and pillow cases.  My My, that is magic.  Then to have someone serve you breakfast with a smile.  Also go to the desk and buy a roll of quarters to work the washing machine and dryers.  No problem.  Well that is  just some of the magic I see everyday.  I am indeed blessed. 

Betty Boop

No comments: