August 21, 2016

CLOUDY BUT COOLER

If you can call 78 degrees cool, I can.  It was pleasant enough for me to take my coffee to my beloved balcony.  I listened to the sounds of the morning and heard the world waking up.  A lone duck calls to the others--wake up.  Birds in the trees starting a conversation and my faithful little hummer perched on the next balcony, fussing at me because he was afraid to come to his private feeder because he did not know it is me who keeps his little tummy full.  I saw a Katydid or locus-  whatever.  I thought he was dead and leaned over to inspect him.  He flew up and I almost got him in my face.  I guess that is the next sound of Fall we will hear.  Makes me think of school and getting ready.  This is my favorite season of the year.  Getting ready for school, for my children and I remember getting ready myself.  The smell of paste in a jar, new crayons and new shoes and clothes.  Very exciting.  Another  memory that comes with Fall is the smell of burning leaves (allowed then) and the radio with football blaring from the open windows of the house. 

Hey enough of that.  We still have a bit of Summer to endure.  Well off to get ready for Church.  Hope your Sunday is good.

Betty Boop

No comments: