August 12, 2016

FALL FROM GRACE

Well, it has happened to me.  Brings me down a peg.  I have always felt sympathy for friends who fall.  It was far from me though,  or so I thought.  I took a little tumble yesterday as I stubbed my toe on nothing.  Just went down caring my supper and mail as I went into the beauty shop to pay my bill.  I had my hair cut that morning and did not know she could cut it on short notice and did not  have money with me.  All that to say I just walked through the door and for no reason stubbed my toe and lost my balance.  I turned to fall on my bottom (I hoped) and caught the brunt on my right arm.  and hand.  Dropped my supper but did not spill a thing.  I was amazed at how quick help came,  Suddenly I was surrounded by nurses and many others.  They determined I did not have a break and since I did tap my head on a walker they were concerned.  But that too was of no concern.  Hard head I guess.  Anyway I was helped to my feet and was not dizzy.  A nurse walked with me back to my apartment and said take ibuprofen and ice it down.  Which I did and another nurse came and took my blood pressure and that was not too high considering.  They told me to call if I felt bad or got worse.  I iced and took meds and sat a while.  Got up and ate my supper.  Watched TV as usual.  Took a shower and went to be at 10:30.  Woke as usual every 4 hours and took more ibuprofen.  This morning I am having trouble lifting my right arm up high.  I guess I am o.k. so I will just keep going the best I can.  I am lucky but thoroughly embarrassed.  And I feel differently toward those who have fallen.  So that was my day===hope this one is better.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just keep on going!!!