May 4, 2018

SUMMER TIME ?

It seems like summer to me.  I guess it is just still spring in the south.  All over the country temps are pretty nice.  I am still enjoying my little garden on the balcony.  Not as much to is as I used to do.  Then nothing is like it used to be.  Why can't I accept that?  The ducks have nest I assume, since I have heard no reports of a "mama drama" like we had last year,  I guess mama duck decided to find a little more privacy.  Don't blame her.  Motherhood should be that way (when they are hatching.)  Then out comes the parade and she is proud to show off all her hard work and patience.  Just like human mothers. Maybe a poem in there somewhere.

My how time flies.  Soon be time for our annual Mother's Day Camp Out.  We have been doing this for a while.  The number varies.  Remember the first ones at Roosevelt State Park?  Then Askew's Landing.  I liked that place, with the animals and smallness of it.  The grandchildren have all grown up now.  Hope they remember the fun we had then.

Betty Boop

No comments: