April 22, 2024

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE

 I have confused the birds.  With several days of off and off rain. and the food getting low. I withdrew the feeder for a few days. I had a plan to stop them from feeding at the feeder and  them find food themselves.  You know, bugs and insects and such.  I got out the sugar and water. Washed the feeder, and the new quart jar Jan brought.  Later about that. When it stopped raining and it got dark, I put out the sweet juice for the Humming Birds.  Mr. Dove flew in and looked it over this morning, walked the rail and decided to take a closer look.  What was that thing in place of my usual fare?  He backed off and took a running flight and landed on the edge of the sugar feeder, it took a whirl and amazingly did not fall off the hook. He fluttered in the air and seemed totally surprised.  Flew off to tell his tale.  So far no bird has come near it yet.  Hope the hummers are not afraid to come soon.  About the container Jan brought.  I thought that the one she brought was a little heavy,  When did they switch from glass to plastic  What a difference.  I am using a relic from the past.  An antique.  Glass container.  

BETTY BOOP 

No comments: