September 4, 2024

A TOUCH OF FALL

 Not like a real Fall, just a touch.  Gives you hope for cooler days.  Makes me go way back to my early school days.  New supplies.  The smell of crayons, paste, and what we call a satchel bag to carry things in.  I would play with them till they did not look new anymore.  Oh, yes, do you remember a big fat pencil in the 1st grade.  Suppose to help little short small hands to hold it steady?  Oh, my the things I remember.  But best. I remember new dresses.  Girls did not wear pants in those days. Thankfully now, pants is all we wear.  Old "biddies" and everyone in between.  
But J. C. Penny. then on Capitol Street, had big promotions of School clothes.  So some of us showed up with dresses just alike
,  But my favorite one is the two bricks that my thoughtful teacher brought in to put on the floor beneath my little feet. so they could rest on them and not swing in the air all day. Little Dot was grateful.  I have learned over the years to accept  being small and most of the time not noticed at all.

BETTY (memories, how they linger) BOOP

No comments: