February 17, 2013

FEELING KIND OF BLUE

Went to Church and then to lunch with Amy, Sophie, Paul, M. G. and Ryan.  Had seafood gumbo.  was good  but a bit spicy for me.  I drank water and enjoyed it.  They all have so many stories and activities to tell.  Makes my "stuff" seem boring and mundane compared to theirs.  I guess I will start being quiet and listen.  The things I do fit me and I enjoy them.  No need to share because nobody really wants to hear about old folks activities.  I  am beginning to see that and understand.  I am just happy they will let me be a part of their lives even if it is just to listen.  I am sorry I made such a to do over my story and poem being published here.  You have to understand that it went over big here and I was proud of it no matter how silly it seems now.  I am making banana bread to take to church tomorrow,  They are having a brunch for the Hank Ware  family.  Hank died Friday.  We go way back to the days when we lived on Meadowridge and was raising our families.  Long time members of Broadmeadow.  I guess losing old friends has made me sad today.  Forgive me.
Betty Boop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We ALWAYS love hanging out with you and enjoy all of your stories very much! I think I speak for all of us when I say that your poem was amazing! You're pretty much the coolest person at St. Catherine's.I'm sorry you have been feeling down lately. We are all here for you and love you very much.
Love, Mary Grace