January 30, 2014

PROCRASTATION PAID OFF

Not wanting to start a task that I had started, I went in search of coffee and company.  Found the free coffee but people had gone.  I sat there and drank it and enjoyed my own company.  I wandered into the Café to check what's for lunch and ran into sweet Estelle.  The Polish lady who laughs all the time.  She had sent me a very nice card yesterday.  I thanked and hugged her for it.  She said she knew my birthday was not till tomorrow  and just in case she did not see me then. she would sing Happy Birthday to me in Polish.  Soooooo right there in the middle of the Café she sang to me and then said STO LAT.  In polish that means 100 years.  So I have that wish too,  She said she remembered singing to me last year and I sent her a thank you note.  I did not remember the note but she said it was recorded in her diary.  Nice to know other people like to write for memory too.  And it is only 10:30.  What else will happen today? Can't wait.

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am also an excellent procrastinator. Sometimes it does pay off. Looking forward to taking you to birthday lunch. That is if I can wrench you from your fan club.

Dot said...

I had not thought of them as my Fan Club. but that is a nice thought. I am so happy to spend my birthday with my daughters at lunch. I am your # ! fan. MOM